Friends of ROAM provides financial scholarships for youth music education, including private instruction and ensemble/band programs, at Rock of Ages Music in Alexandria, VA.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Scholarship awards are made each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) and are subject to availability. Awards may be renewed upon successful compliance with the requirements of Friends of ROAM’s scholarship award contract.
Awards are determined based on the demonstrated need of the applicant. Scholarships are paid directly to ROAM, and will cover up to 95% of the tuition for a semester of private lessons or ensemble/programs. Scholarship recipient families are asked to contribute the remaining 5% of tuition.
-Students in 6th-12th grade are eligible to apply.
-Certification of financial need (see below).
Send required documents to:
If applicant qualifies, he or she (and parent or guardian) will be invited to meet with a Friends of ROAM board member to discuss the terms of the scholarship contract.
Renewal/Recertification of Financial Need
-Applicants will recertify financial need on a semester basis (see paragraph 2 above).
Friends of ROAM is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit recognized by the IRS. EIN 83-2582015
All donations are tax deductible.